this one's for the internists

First off, let me just say that from the first moment I put it online, I knew the 11th panel in my "The 12 Medical Specialty Stereotypes" was kind of a cop-out.  To be honest, I just couldn't think of a 12th stereotype at the time.  (I know, Anesthesiology was the actual 12th panel that I drew, but for obvious reasons I'd drawn that panel in my head long before I'd come up with any other the other ones.)  So in the moment of trying to just  trying to finish the thing, I stuck in "Radiation Oncology" because it seems to be one of those medical specialties that no one seems to understand and whose practitioners it seems we never see.  But I always regretted not thinking a little harder or a little bit longer before bringing that comic into the light, because that panel always felt like a squandered opportunity.

Well, three and a half years after the original, let's take that opportunity back.  Here's the new 11th panel of that comic strip: INTERNAL MEDICINE.





I will post a full new version of the comic with the updated panel tomorrow, and also update on the comic page of this website.  As for the radiation oncologists being bumped out of the Big 12...I'm sorry.  Please start doing amusing stuff and maybe I'll make an all new comic just for you.