the 12 medical specialty stereotypes (2011)

OK everyone, here you go, revised for 2011 for our friends in internal medicine. Thanks for all that you do. And if you like the revised edition with the new panel, please feel free to link or e-mail or share via your social networking platform of choice. Computers!

(As usual, click for bigness.)




Usually when I draw comics I have a very specific set of tools that I like to use (heavy drawing paper--but not watercolor paper, that's too rough--a Pilot razor point ink pen with a fibrous tip, Sharpies of various calibers) but we've moved so many times I have no idea where my drawing pad is. So this new panel was drawn on the back of a piece of heavyweight ivory cardstock, scanned, and then pasted into the original comic via Photoshop. Hopefully it doesn't look too out of place.

Also, while you're sort of paying attention, I feel obliged to point out that the price of my book on Amazon is now almost half the list price. How does book pricing work? Who knows? Also, who cares? All I know is that you save money. Also, if the price drops lower prior to the actual release date (that would be May 11, 2011 folks) Amazon will charge you the lower price. A 336-page hardcover book for a dozen bucks and change? What's not to like? (P.S. I don't work for Amazon or anything, but I do know that as much as I am largely ignorant about the world of book publishing, the sales rank on Amazon is an important and visible metric, even in the pre-order stage. And like our friends in Internal Medicine, I would like to have good numbers, if for no other reason than to avoid embarrassment. Like Geoge McFly, I don't think I could handle that kind of rejection!)

Oh, I've also been getting asked this a lot, so let me just say it again: the book will also be available in all e-reader formats as well, so never fear, my fine robot friends. But can you wrap up an e-book and give it as a graduation gift to the pre-med in your life? Well, maybe I guess, if you were giving them the e-reader device as part of their gift too, but that's kind of expensive. More than twelve bucks, anyway. Regardless, you are a very generous person. Not to mention attractive!

As always guys...thanks.