the price of admission

The cooking lesson today was a success.  The avocados ripened in time (if you missed my blow-by-blow on Twitter: basically, I had a clutch of rock-hard raw avocados 24 hours before The Great Guacamole Mash, and hey, putting them in a paper bag with a few bananas and apples really worked!) and the kids had fun mooshing and tasting and everyone made glorious mess.  I would have taken pictures, but I think getting lime juice on my iPhone would have voided the warranty.




Of course, the trade-off was that, in order to ensure I could make it to Cal's cooking day, I was on call the night before.  Probably there are jobs where you could arrange to go to your kid's school the next morning without having to stay up in the OR the night before, helping take some other kids' gangrenous appendix out...but that's not my life.  Not that I mind.  At least it's rarely boring.




So anyway, I'm pretty tired today.  Still.  Worth it.