the jinx that stole christmas

(Sunday night, on call)



MICHELLE
Honey, I just got called, I’m going to head into the hospital.
There’s a case that’s going to start in about an hour.

JOE
OK. What’s the case?

MICHELLE
A lap appy.

JOE
Oh, well that’s easy, and it should be quick.

MICHELLE
I’m going to kill you now.

JOE
Oops, right! Sorry!

MICHELLE
You’re going to jinx it, you jinxer. OK, I’m getting out of here.
Let me just grab my coffee travel mug.

JOE
You have decaf in there, or full-caf?

MICHELLE
What? I don’t drink decaf. It’s just regular coffee.

JOE
Oh. I thought you might want decaf.

MICHELLE
Why?

JOE
Well, it’s kind of late for coffee. How are you going to fall asleep tonight?

(Silence)

MICHELLE
OK, I was kidding before, but now I really am going to kill you.



(Fin)