i don't want to do work, i just want to bang on my mug all day

I am almost done with week two of my six week maternity leave, and I have to say, it is going fast. I had a similar feeling last time when I had Cal, although that was more of the "How can I possibly abandon my baby in this cold cruel world as I go back to work," etcetera*, while this time, it's more, "Shit, I have so much work to get done and only four more weeks to do it." This is exacerbated by the fact that it's been quite a while since I had a chance to sit down for more than twenty minutes at a stretch to do anything (study, write, what have you), so the inclination to procrastinate and surf the web aimlessly is high. And...hey, shouldn't I update my blog? And...hey, I'm hungry, I need to make a ham sandwich posthaste! And...hey, the light in the bedroom is nice, shouldn't I take more pictures of the baby? DO IT FOR THE GRANDPARENTS.




Ha! Look, he thinks he's people! And his face is so red! So ruddy and big, like a pumpkin balanced on top of a pile of rags! He's like one of the Kennedys or something! Or at least Bill Clinton!

Oh yeah, I should do some work.

Time to get to work!

Work work work!

Aaand...go!

Whoop, baby's waking up.


* For what it's worth, by the time the end of the six weeks rolled around with Cal, I was kind of bored at home and kind of ready to get back to work. Deadbeat mom!