we have a title!

Just about the point where I was going to give up and just call the book EAT, PRAY, LOVE GETTING PAGED, we finally came up with a title that everyone can live with.


THIS WON'T HURT A BIT
My Education in Medicine and Motherhood.


Thank god. I was starting to think that writing the title was harder than writing the actual book. Thanks to all the people who e-mailed and suggested titles in this vein, including (but not limited to--please e-mail me if I left you out):

Emily M.
Michael H.
Jennifer B.
Tim K.

Of course you all know that in my secret heart of hearts I will always think of it as "SCUTMONKEY," but I am digging this new title and I think it's accessible and grabby and direct and will look sweet on the cover. And most of all, it's a relief to have it decided, once and for all, like when you name your baby and can finally stop calling him Cleatus the Fetus.

Now, onward and upward!