33 weeks

First, a pictoral update




Biggie Smalls is getting more biggie, less smalls, and, I can only imagine, a little disgruntled at the increasingly cramped conditions of his living quarters. As, frankly, am I.

Cal's third set of grandparents came to visit us this weekend, which was fun. Cal got to do his cute act (like many kids, I imagine, he is always much more cute with adult guests than he is with his parents) and got to natter on about all manner of topics, each only tangentially related to the last. This last exchange amused me, though.


CAL
(lifting up Grandpa Bart's shirt)
Why is your belly big?

GRANDPA BART
(Patting Cal on the head)
Too many good meals.

CAL
Do you have a baby in there?

GRANDPA BART
No, just too much food.

CAL
Does the doctor need to fix your belly?

MICHELLE
(Explaining)
Cal's other grandpa has an umbilical hernia that he's getting fixed.

GRANDPA BART
(To Cal)
No, no doctor, just me. I just need to make some lifestyle modifications.

CAL
(Pause)
No. You need the doctor to fix it.


Reminds me of that "Simpsons" episode where Milhouse, upon being told that he needs more exercise asks, "Aw, can't I just have the surgery?"